Wednesday, November 2, 2016
So yesterday I was craving an "Asian" style soup. I did a few quick searches, found lots of things with exotic ingredients that I did not have in my kitchen, so I ultimately just started throwing things "Asian-ish" from my kitchen into the pot. The result was super healthy, but also totally delicious - craving satisfied!!! Just got to enjoy the leftovers for lunch (as pictured here!) So here is how I did it....
Amy's Asian Soup with Salmon Recipe:
1. In large dutch oven cook the Salmon fillet, seasoned with salt and garlic powder in olive oil until cooked to your preferred done-ness - a little pink in the middle is nice!!
2. Remove Salmon from dutch oven (tent with foil to keep warm) and with heat on, add to the same pot:
- 1/2 chopped sweet white onion
- 1.5 tsp ginger
Saute a minute or two, in the oil left from the Salmon, then add:
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 pint of sliced mushrooms
- 3 zucchini sliced into bite sized pieces
- 3 cups water
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 large cloves of garlic (you can throw them in whole, after removing the skin!)
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- salt, to taste
3. Bring it all to a boil, then cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
4. Serve in large bowls - place salmon in bowl and top with hot soup. Garnish with additional lime juice, soy sauce and Cilantro if you have it!
I can't help but think this is a grand slam of nutrition - it's my new Chicken Soup replacement - a cure all for everything that ails me!